A hair transplant is done to add hair to a part of your head that may be bald or where your hair may be thinning. You may need to have donor hair transplanted from other regions of your body or from the areas of your head where your hair is thicker. Candidates for hair transplants can want the treatment because they are self-conscious about their baldness and to look better overall.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit transplantation are the two methods of hair transplantation (FUT). In a FUE process, hair follicles are extracted individually and then transplanted to different locations on the scalp; in a FUT operation, the scalp is removed in a long strip, the follicles are separated, and then the follicles are transplanted.
In this article, Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, who is one of the best hair transplant surgeon in Hyderabad, will discuss an overview about FUE and FUT hair transplant treatments.
Read on more to know about both hair transplants,
What is a FUE hair transplant?
Our hair transplant center in Hyderabad is renowned for innovative technology and impressive, natural results. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) refers to extracting a follicular unit from the side and back of the scalp and implanting it into the bald area. It is an advanced method of extracting hair for a transplant.
Procedure for FUE hair transplant
Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, one of the best hair transplant surgeon in India explains the procedure as the follow,
- Donor extraction: In this stage, the surgeon removes donor grafts from the patient’s donor location using a specialized tool. Usually, donor grafts are taken from the sides and back of the scalp, although in some circumstances, different donor locations are used. Grafts are always retrieved one at a time during an Advanced FUE process. The donor location is not left with an extended scar after this kind of surgery.
- Graft preservation: Our team actively protects grafts when they are retrieved so they can be implanted. A graft is removed from the donor area, cleansed, and sorted based on how many hairs it contains before being immersed in an active plasma solution to increase survivability. The grafts are then placed in Petri dishes and kept cold until implantation.
- Implantation: When enough grafts have been removed, the surgeon starts implanting them utilizing the Implanter Pen DHI Method. One at a time, a group of nurses place individual grafts into the Implanter Pens and hand them to the surgeon. This kind of implantation creates a very high density by allowing us to implant grafts between existing hair. An exceptional feature of the Implanter Pen technique is that the surgeon has complete control over the implantation angle.
- After surgery: It’s crucial to follow the right aftercare instructions once the major phases of a hair transplant are finished. These examples are washing the donor and implantation locations, shielding the grafts from the weather, excessive rubbing, collisions, and direct sunlight. A day following the hair transplant, the surgeon will schedule a follow-up appointment to monitor the patient’s recovery, says Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, one of the best hair transplant surgeon
Advantages of fue hair transplant
- quicker healing time
- less pain after surgery
- doesn’t cause a significant scar
- hair from other body parts can be used
- can be used even if you have poor hair density
What is a Fut hair transplant?
Reliable Source. Up to 85% of men and 40% of women suffer from hair loss. To help conceal bald areas brought on by hair loss, minimally invasive procedures like follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and other hair transplants are available.
Below Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, one of the best hair transplant surgeon in Hyderabad explain the procedure for FUT below,
Procedure for FUT hair transplant
- Donor Harvesting: Donor harvesting is the first step in this process. This is when the targeted area on the head is prepared for the procedure. the surgeon cuts a strip of skin from the side or back of the head
- Dissection of grafts: The hair transplant assistant then separates individual hair follicles using a microscope. Then a marked recipient area is given local anesthesia, and a specialized micro needle is used to insert the follicular units into the scalp.
Placing the hair
- Single hair units are placed at the front of the hairline
- Two hair units are then placed behind the hairline
- Three hair units are then placed behind two hair units
- Four hair units are then placed behind three hair units
- A maximum of 4000 hairs can be transplanted in one session
The surgeon then uses staples or stitches to cover the incision made in the donor area while removing hair follicles.
After the surgery you have to avoid physical activities like swimming and going out in the sun for at least 2 weeks.
Make sure that you don’t wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner for 2 weeks. Only use the prescribed hair products like hair oil and hair cream
Advantages of FUT hair transplant
- FUT is an ideal option for patients requiring many grafts.
- FUT offers maximum fullness.
- With FUT, you can keep your hair long, which will help to cover up the linear scar.
- Shorter time in surgery. The FUT process can usually take between 4 and 12 hours, which is typically shorter than FUE, which can take more than one day in some cases.
- FUT is often less pricey than FUE.
If you are residing in Hyderabad or nearby and are considering a hair transplant surgery then you can visit Redefine clinic, which is one of the best hair transplant clinic in Hyderabad.