Installation errors are a common part of QuickBooks. Many users complain of errors while installing or updating the software. These include those within .NET Framework, damaged C++ errors, and MSXML damage errors. Apart from that, you may also encounter error codes 1904, 1402, and 1603. You can quickly troubleshoot all of them by performing QuickBooks install diagnostic tool download . You just need to run this tool after downloading it and get rid of various problems that prevent you from installing QB or updating it. In this article, you will read about the process of downloading and using it.
How to Download the Install Diagnostic Tool for QuickBooks?
It isn’t tough to download this handy utility. Just move to the official site of Intuit and follow these directions.
- Look for and download the install diagnostic tool utility on the website.
- Find the file in a folder and close all other applications.
- Go to the folder where the file is saved.
- Look for the ‘QBinstall-tool-v2.exe’ file.
- Launch the file and tap ‘Yes‘ after reading the license agreement.
- Hit the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Now, restart your system.
- Enter relevant QuickBooks credentials to use the tool.
- If your operating system isn’t the latest one, update it.
How Should You Use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool?
From installation issues to network problems, this helpful tool will let you fix all. There are various tabs in the tool.
There are majorly three tabs in the QB install diagnostic tool. These include the ‘Connection‘ tab to inspect QB compatibility, the ‘Firewall‘ tab to fix issues in the firewall, and the ‘Network Connectivity’ tab, which helps you diagnose network connectivity problems.
Here are the steps you need to follow to resolve various installation glitches using the tool after you download it.
Run the install diagnostic tool via QuickBooks Tool Hub.
You can run the install diagnostic tool using the QuickBooks tool hub program. Open the tool hub by tapping its icon.
- Choose ‘Installation Issues‘ in the tool hub.
- Now, select ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.’
- After that, wait for a while till the tool runs.
- When the process completes, reboot your system.
Get the latest version of Windows.
It’s crucial for you to update the Windows operating system. After updating the operating system, restart your computer. Open the company file and begin working on it. You might need to install your QB product again if the earlier installation didn’t happen fully.
Reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
Third-party apps create problems with QB Desktop installation. You can install the product in selective startup to rectify the issues.
- Launch the ‘RUN’ box.
- Type ‘msconfig.’
- Tap ‘OK.’
- Choose ‘Hide all Microsoft Services‘ in the ‘General’ tab.
- Pick the ‘Disable all‘ option.
- Uncheck the ‘Hide Microsoft services’ box.
- Put a tick on the ‘list of services‘.
- Choose the ‘Windows Installer‘ checkbox.
- Mark it and press ‘OK.’
- On the system configuration screen, pick the ‘Restart‘ option.
- Bring the ‘RUN’ command.
- Input ‘msconfig‘ there and hit the ‘OK‘ button.
- Choose ‘Normal start-up‘ in the ‘General’ tab.
- Press’ OK.’
- Click ‘Restart’ on the system configuration screen.
You must not forget to perform a QuickBooks install diagnostic tool download if you want to resolve installation glitches quickly. The handy tool will save you time and labor in troubleshooting common errors. To know more about its working, contact a reliable QuickBooks technical support service.