As we get older, our skin begins to look dull and saggy. Are you one of the many people who have tried countless methods to fix your skin but still aid no results?. Dermal fillers will help you get youthful and smooth skin if you are looking for effective skin treatment.
Dr. Anju Methil is one of the top dermatologists in Andheri, and in this article, she will brief us on the pros and cons of dermal fillers.
Read on to know more about derma fillers,
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are soft and gel-like substances that are injected under your skin. Dermal fillers are composed of two types of substances- naturally occurring substances and synthetic substances. Dr Anju Methil, the owner of Skin And Shape Clinic, is one of the top dermatologists in Andheri.
Dermal filler injections plump up your skin, smoothen out wrinkles and fine lines, restore volume, and create a smoother and fuller appearance on the face.
This treatment takes about half an hour and recovery time is minimal.
Types of dermal fillers
Dermal fillers are costly. Some consumers have bought do-it-yourself kits, which contain dangerous and non-sterile substances, which can cause allergic reactions, infections, bleeding, and the death of skin cells, so you must go to the right experts to get your treatments.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA): Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring acid on the skin; it provides moisture and keeps it hydrated. HA (Hyaluronic acid) derma fillers provide results for up to 1 year. As you get older, your body stops producing HA.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHa): This substance is found inside our bones. Results last up to a year.
- Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA): PLLA is a substance that helps the body create collagen. Poly-L-lactic acid is used to smooth out the wrinkles on your skin; the results can last for two or more years.
- Polymethylmethacrylate: These fillers consist of collagen in the form of small balls. These small balls are injected under your skin and keep the skin firm and give it more volume.
Dr. Anju Methil says that all dermal fillers should only be performed by professional healthcare professionals and not by yourselves or any other nonprofessional.
Benefits of dermal fillers
- Increase college production: Increase collagen (Collagen is a protein responsible for healthy joints and skin elasticity, or stretchiness.) and elastic production. One of the main ingredients in dermal fillers is hyaluronic acid, which is known to increase collagen and elastin levels. The more hyaluronic acid you have in your body, the more your skin will look and feel younger.
- Immediate results: Dr. Anju Methil, one of the top dermatologists in Andheri says, dermal fillers have quick results. Unlike other treatments, you don’t have to wait days or weeks to recover and see the results. After getting dermal fillers, you can resume your daily life immediately afterward.
- Minimal risk: There are some dangers, as with other cosmetic operations. Dermal fillers, however, pose very little danger. You can notice bruising, redness, and swelling at the injection site right away after the treatment. Most of the time, these negative effects are minor and pass quickly.
Severe problems following a dermal filler procedure are uncommon. Make sure your doctor is upfront with you about the treatment and ask them about all the potential dangers. It is crucial that the clinic is licensed to perform this surgery and that your aesthetician has the necessary training.
Facial asymmetry is one of the possible concerns when working with an inexperienced practitioner. You can restate this concern by finding the ideal aesthetician and clinic.
- Boost confidence: You might be facing self-esteem issues because of your wrinkles or any other problems with the face. Dermal fillers can do wonders on your skin so that your skin can feel new. Dr. Anju Methil, one of the best dermatologists in Andheri, says these injections can help improve your appearance and thus your confidence. However, we still encourage you to age gracefully. And use these as a treatment goal, not to make you look like a different person but to enhance your natural beauty.
- Long-lasting results: Depending on various conditions, dermal fillers’ effects can last between 6 and 18 months. The effectiveness and durability of outcomes can be influenced by the type of fillers used, the patient’s lifestyle and aftercare, and the area being treated.
If you aren’t satisfied with the results or want to reevaluate the injection site. You might want to think about shorter-term injections for your initial treatment.
When your fillers have settled, and you can evaluate the results, you can choose longer-lasting injections.
Possible side effects of derma fillers
Even non-surgical procedures have their risks. The most common side effects include bruising, redness, pain, or swelling. Which should go away within two weeks, according to the FDA. Less frequently, people might get raised bumps under their skin that need to be treated with injections, medications, or surgically removed, according to the FDA.
Although rare, the filler can accidentally be injected into a blood vessel, leading to blurred vision or permanent blindness. You should call your doctor or the emergency room if your skin turns blue and you’re in a lot of pain. These are two possible signs of filler in your bloodstream. Again, this is why you want to see an experienced doctor skilled in performing the procedure.
If you are living near Andheri and are looking to get the best skincare treatment then you can visit Dr. Anju Methil at her clinic “Skin and Shape”.